Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Radio Smack

Had an interesting experience this afternoon. We stopped at a local Radio Shack and I ran in to get electrical adapters to plug stuff in for our trip. Here's where it gets weird: There wasn't a single person in the store. No employees in sight.

I quickly found what I needed and started walking around the store, looking for anybody who might work there. There was a door to the employee/backroom area, partially open, but nobody visible in there either.

I called out "hello" a few times -- even went to the door and opened and closed it to set off the electronic "bing". Nobody showed up.

So eventually, I found a piece of paper and pen, and wrote the following:
International Travel Adapters
[product code numbers]
No price tag on shelf
Nobody in store to help

I left my note, along with $8 cash, sitting by the cash register and walked out of the store with my "purchase". As we were backing out of the parking space, a couple of employees magically showed up inside the store. I went back in and explained what happened - they rang up my purchase, which was $17 and change.

Brilliantly run operation, that Radio Shack.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would send a letter to the store manager with the date and time of the incident. (You can call the store to find out the store manager's name.) Even if nothing comes of it, at least you've informed them of the issue. I don't know what laws you have down there in VA, but here in MA, every item in the store is supposed to have a price tag on it, or a price label on the shelf and a self-price scanner.

Just a few of my thoughts. Have a great trip and thanks for the call last night.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Anonymous said...

Did you mean to type "smack" or did you mean to type "shack" as in "Radio Shack"

BTW, welcome back! It was good seeing you at Kennedy this morning.

Dan Fried, Esq. said...

Honesty through Paranoia