Friday, June 8, 2007

!בייסבול

I knew about the startup of the Israel Baseball League this summer, but thanks to Ilan for reminding me about it.

Turns out, the league begins its inaugural season during our upcoming trip to Israel. I don't honestly know if we'll be able to get to a game, but I'm hoping we'll have a chance. The group we're traveling with includes some big fans of baseball, so maybe we'll organize a side-trip one evening.

Here's an article on how the league was formed, and their entertaining glossary of baseball terms in Hebrew.

I've been to 10 Major League stadiums, a handful of minor league ones, Cape Cod League games, and several others. I'd love to add the IBL to that list.


Update: I've decided my favorite team is the Petach Tikvah Pioneers, because their logo looks like they stole clip art of a hammer throw.

No comments: