Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Home, sweet home

Just a quick post to share that I'm back home (along with The Boy and his mommy) after a fantastic trip to Israel.

Here are a few highlights:

  • Seth was amazing. Our group thought they'd never hear him cry and/or that he was a giggling robot. We really threw out any semblance of a schedule and he rolled with it like a champ. His favorite moment: Swimming in the Kineret (aka Sea of Galillee) -- it was his first swim anywhere besides his bathtub and he loved it! Now we're probably obliged to join a neighborhood pool...
  • Israel is an incredible place. If I ever leave the USA (think Cheney presidency), it would be the first place I'd want to go. Everything is so much more tangible there: food comes from orchards instead of factories; socio-poloitical issues really have deep impact; thousands of years of history everywhere you turn; and a beautiful composite of cultures. All that, along with Kosher Big Macs and Whoppers. (Okay, some food still comes from factories.)
  • While operating on about 36 sleepless hours, I was interviewed on-camera by ABC News at Dulles Airport yesterday regarding airports and travel security. I didn't think I was very coherent, but apparently the clip made it into last night's national broadcast of World News Tonight. (I still haven't seen it, so if you can find it on the web, please post a link!)
  • Very good job news: I got a call while in Israel to set up a "final" intreview with some Senior Management folks at a company-to-be-named later. I'm going in on Thursday, hopefully recovered from jet-lag by then

Good to be back home after visiting home-away-from home.

Update: I found the link to my few seconds of fame on ABC World News Tonight.

3 comments:

Janna said...

Glad you are back and that Seth was so well behaved!!! Emma needs to take lessons from him. Talk to you soon!!!

Joe said...

I can't believe you blew an opportunity to publicize your blog on national television. This is why you should always be wearing your flippish.blogspot.com t-shirt. I know I do when I travel.

Anonymous said...

You are an international superstar! I watched your interview. :)