Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Free Beer!!!

Okay, so there is no free beer. But now that I have your attention, here's the next-best thing:

Cheap Ice Cream!

Today from 5PM til 10PM, Baskin Robbins is offering scoops for $0.31. It's part of a promotion to raise money for the Fallen Firefighters Foundation, which sounds like a great (and delightfully alliterative) cause.

So get out there and do your part!

Thanks to the lovely and talented Rachel for this tip.

Update: Is it just me, or did old-school keyboards have the ¢ (cent) symbol? I'm pretty sure of it... I think it's a conspiracy to cover up the effects of inflation. The Man (not to be confused with The Boy) had the ¢ symbol removed from our keyboards so we'll think in terms of dollars. Now you have to go into the extended symbol set to find ¢. Well I'm bucking the trend: Baskin Robbins will have scoops for 31¢!!

Update 2: Thank you, kind Mr. or Ms. Anonymous. I've corrected my mistake.
"That's Babar."
"Two B's?"
"One B. B-A-B-A-R"
"That's two."
"Yeah, but not right next to each other. I thought that's what you meant."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baskin Robbins has 2 b's

Anonymous said...

Well, 3 if you count the Baskin part. I know Philip will get me on this one if I failed to clarify that.

Flipper said...

Oh, I guess that's the catch. The chain that's offering 31¢ scoops is Baskin Robins, a chain of 4 stores in rural Nebraska. Not unlike McDowell's in Coming to America.

My bad.

Anonymous said...

Well, as long as their Rocky Road is with fluff instead of marshmellows...

Anonymous said...

not to mention marshmallows!