Monday, June 9, 2008

Office move: Part I

My office is moving across town in two weeks. It's really only about a mile difference, but in a concentrated downtown area, that's a whole different part of town. Heck, Central Park and SoHo probably aren't separated by much more than a mile, but Manhattanites would consider them at opposite ends of the geographic spectrum (among other spectrums, perhaps).

So I thought I'd start a series on the Good and the Bad of the office move. Disclaimer: This could be the first in a series in the same way as Mel Brooks' History of the World Part I.

First, The Good
  • The office itself. Modern facilities, maybe even a window!
  • TONS of restaurants within walking distance, including the Flippish previously mentioned California Tortilla
  • A slightly shorter trip by public transportation. Also, $0.05 cheaper! If I save up all those nickels for a whole year, I might be able to buy a sandwich!
The Bad
  • Chief among the bad is the possible disintegration of my carpool. It's been a very effective way to get to work for all involved. But it probably doesn't make sense for them to go out of their way and sit in downtown traffic to drop me off, nor does it make sense to commute to the wrong part of town and then take public transportation (rather than just take transit the whole way)
  • I will miss the Greek Deli, badly. In fact, I confess: the inspiration for this whole post was today's lunch, perhaps the first note of the swan song for my lunchtime affair. Oh, the deliciousness...

No comments: