Tuesday, June 3, 2008

How much do you love your car?

I know people who love their cars. I've loved some of the cars I've driven. Some, I loved so much that I'd just hop in and take a Sunday drive from time to time - of course, this was long before $4 gas.

Do you love your car? I mean, really, really love your car?

Enough to take it on a road trip?
Of over 10,000 miles?
With an 11-month old in the back seat?
And a 3-year old, too?

That's what Argentinian Diego Percivaldi did. And this was no Lexus. Not even a minivan with DVD player for the kids. Mr. Percivaldi drove his 1981 Ford Falcon wagon (an Argentine model not sold in the US) from his home in Argentina to Ford headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan. Edmunds Inside Line has the scoop - or see Mr. Percivaldi's blog if you retained enough of your high school Spanish.
An interesting note from his trip was the highest- and lowest-priced gasoline: $8 per gallon in Peru, but only $0.90 a gallon in Ecuador.

No comments: