Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Blogging without blogging

I've setup the following tools to use with my blog.

1. Automatic email posting

I can send an email to a top-secret email address, and it automatically becomes a new post on my blog.

2. RSS reader
I read my new blog entries in an RSS Reader (I use Google Reader), along with lots of other feeds that are of interest to me. (I know, it's a little goofy to read my own blog in a feed reader, since I'm the only one who updates it... but it's a good way to make sure new blog entries submitted via #1 above are posted correctly.)

3. Email notification of comments
Any time someone comments on my blog, I automatically get an email with the content of the comment

As a result of all this great (and not particularly new) technology, I can keep up with my blog without ever really visiting my blog. Hopefully, now that I'm using all these efficient tools, I will be more frequent with the blog updates. Time will tell...

No comments: