Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The job search continues...

I'm starting to reach the point of frustration with the job search. It's really not too terrible yet, but I just haven't found anything terribly exciting. When I see postings for something that (a) looks interesting and (b) I'm qualified for, I'll send (email) out a resume and cover letter. It's fairly easy to find (a) or (b) independent of one another - the trick is finding that rare opportunity where both are present.

And "interesting" is a notch or two below "exciting". Much as I enjoy adventure, I'm a big fan of stability. I don't like relocating and I don't enjoy the job search process. So I'm really hopeful to find a job and a company with good long-term potential. Not just potential for career advancement - also potential to be truly happy with the company and the work I do.

No comments: