Monday, September 15, 2008

Me & McCain

There was a time, around the "agents of intolerance" days, that John McCain might have been my favorite Republican politician.

Then he started kissing up to Falwell & Co, and I lost quite a bit of respect for him.

Then he showed his mean and nasty side during the early stages of this presidential cycle, and I lost more respect for him.

Then he picked a totally unqualified, polarizing figure for his VP, and again, his stock fell in my estimation.

Then he launched some of the most vicious, untruthful campaign advertising we've seen in years. The kind of thing that was supposed to be prevented by forcing candidates to feign dignity by stating "I approved this message."

At present, I'd say he's about on par with Dubya and Cheney in my book. So much for post-partisanship, eh John?

No comments: